Style Swap is a full day of fashion focusing on sustainable and ethical fashion production. There’ll be so many things to do including; a clothing swap meet, fashion parades, panel discussion, workshops, styling demonstrations, wellness bar, food trucks, market stalls and tunes.
Style Swap Program
- Clothing Swap Meet
Participants are invited to drop off their pre-loved garments and accessories in exchange for tokens. The tokens can then be used to ‘purchase’ items donated by other members of the swap meet.
Pop up Fashion Parade: WESTMORLAND
Nicole Westmorland is the founder and muscle behind WESTMORLAND. Nicole formed a love for creation and design whilst in kindergarten where she was always found drawing at table. With a focus on printed textile design, Nicole creates designs described as vivid, quirky and bold. Her look is entirely fun and expressed through her use of bright colours and contrasting tones.
- Styling Demo: Ironic Minimalist Jenna Flood
Jenna will host a styling session demonstrating how to use second hand garments in different ways to get the most out of your wardrobe.
- Panel Discussion: Ethical and Sustainable Practices in Fashion
Join us and a panel of fashion industry professionals as we discuss what ethical and sustainable fashion practices can look like for us as consumers, and the impacts that can have on both the industry and our environment.
– Kelley Sheenan, Editor in Chief and Founder, Peppermint Magazine
– Jennifer Nini, Editor in Chief and Founder, Eco Warrior Princess
– Antoanela Safca, Founder, Make Mend Swap
- Styling Demo: Eco Styles with Nina Gbor
Join Nina as she demonstrates how to reduce fashion waste by styling one garment five different ways.
- Wellness Bar featuring: Trophy Wife Salon and Make-Up by Inèz
Trophy Wife Nails and Make-Up by Inèz will be on hand to provide free nail art and make up touch ups over the course of the day.
- Recycled Jewellery Workshops
Spend time getting creative using recycled jewellery pieces to create a bespoke item for yourself.
- Market Stalls and Food trucks
Round out the day with some tasty food truck treats before perusing handmade wares by local makers.
For more information