Fashion Writing Program
The Festival’s Fashion Writing Program supported by Fashion Journal offers a creative mentorship to amplify talent within writing and journalism communities and provides a highly credentialed platform for emerging talent. Embracing a range of writing styles across fashion, Arts and Ideas program of events, the Festival offers opportunities for emerging writers to attend and cover Festival events.
Fashion Journal Mentorship
The 3 Finalists will be mentored by Fashion Journal’s Managing Editor which includes meetings, ongoing review and feedback on written work. Finalists will be sent to Virgin Australia Melbourne Fashion Festival as a writer for Fashion Journal, reporting on an element of the program as assigned by Fashion Journal. Finalists will be published on Fashion Journal online.
Applications will be assessed on the quality and extent to which they meet the following selection criteria:
- The applicant demonstrates a unique point of view and comprehensive understanding of the fashion industry;
- The applicant has a strong and distinctive writing style;
- The applicant demonstrates the potential to contribute the future growth of fashion writing in Australia;
- The applicant is enrolled or has recently graduated from a fashion or writing course;
- The applicant must reside in Australia;
- The quality of applicant’s written pieces and CV.
1st August 2019 – Applications open
8th November 2019 – Applications close
12th November 2019 – Successful participants notified
5th December 2019 – Participants attend Festival Launch event at Government House
4th – 14th March 2020 – Participants attend meetings and Festival events