The 2020 Virgin Australia Melbourne Fashion Festival (VAMFF) will be back 4-14 March 2020.
Learn more about our Festival hub, visitor information, accessibility, ticketing, employment, and find answers to our most commonly asked questions below.
Located throughout Victoria with its main hub of Runway activity located inside and outside of Royal Exhibition Building, Carlton. All Festival produced Runways and The Plaza (Melbourne’s liveliest fashion party) are held there in March 2020. The Plaza is FREE entry – you don’t need a ticket to attend.
Royal Exhibition Building (Runways and The Plaza)
9 Nicholson St, Carlton, VIC 3053. More access information can be found here.
Details for the Festival’s Independent Events and Independent Runways can be found here.
Tickets for the 2020 Festival will go on sale early December 2019. To be the first to access announcements and tickets, sign up to become a Festival Member.
Tickets for the 2020 Festival will be available from the website. To be the first to access announcements and tickets, sign up to become a Festival Member.
Yes you can, the Festival’s program is for all ages to attend. Please note, all under 18 guests must be accompanied by an adult in all bars and service of alcohol on site during the Festival.
Designer line-ups for each runway show will be announced in December 2019. To be the first to know when we make announcements, sign up to become a Festival Member.
Complimentary gift bags are included at selected Runways. More information will be published in the 2020 Festival Program and event listings.
The Festival makes every effort to ensure that our events are as accessible as possible for all members of our community. Please visit our Access page here.
The Festival exists to profile and amplify Australian and International creative talent, both locally and globally, by embracing fashion in all its forms to inspire consumers, support retailers and maximise benefits to our stakeholders.
In order to achieve our Mission, we conduct our business guided by the following core values:
- Integrity – We value doing what is right and ethical
- Trustworthiness – We value acting with respect, fairness and dependability
- Agility – We value responsiveness to all stakeholders and each other, and are open to change and flexibility
- Creativity – We value inventiveness, innovation and new and divergent ways of thinking
- Passion – We value energy and excitement, commitment, drive and initiative
- Involvement – We value our team members; input, influence and initiative
- Teamwork – We value collaboration and a sense of partnership, sharing and caring
- Excellence – We value a tenacious focus on results, accountability and goal achievement
The Festival is committed to conducting daily operations and producing events in an environmentally responsible and sustainable manner. We recognise that reducing and, where possible, eliminating the environmental impacts of our activities is an important part of our mission as Australia’s largest fashion event. We strive to be an industry leader in achieving environmental excellence and will work with our employees and external entities to establish and follow principles.
The Festival’s guiding principles and practices to achieve resource conservation, waste reduction, and sustainability overall are summarised below, supported by a Green Policy by which all our suppliers and stakeholders are guided:
- Providing a safe and healthy workplace;
- Having an environmentally sustainable aware culture, where responsibility is assigned and understood;
- Being an environmentally responsible business and part of the community;
- Conserving natural resources by reusing and recycling;
- Using, in our own operations, processes that do not adversely affect the environment;
- Ensuring the responsible use of energy throughout the organisation;
- Participating in efforts to improve environmental protection and understanding;
- Taking steps to improve environmental performance continually;
- Conducting rigorous audits, evaluations, and self-assessments of the implementation of this policy;
- Working with suppliers who promote sound environmental practices; and
- Enhancing awareness among our employees, volunteers, and event attendees – educating and motivating them to act in an environmentally responsible manner.
The Festival is committed to not allowing the presentation of fur at Festival produced shows and events. Only items containing fake or faux fur will be permitted.
The Festival is proud to encourage a wide range of fashion practitioners and event organisers from across Victoria’s creative community to showcase at the Festival. The Festival curates a program of Independent Events and Runways each year staged by independent organisers and promoted in the Festival’s official Program.
The Festival does not own, produce or operate the Independent Events and Runways in the Festival’s Official Program. Independent organisers of these activities are responsible for the complete event delivery, compliance and regulatory and mandatory requirements to operate an event safely.
For any enquiries relating to the Independent Events and Runways, please contact the independent organisers directly (details available on the event pages).
Applications for volunteers for the 2020 Festival will open on 11 November 2019. All details and the application form will be available here on the website.
The Festival engages models over 18 years of age from reputable and accredited agencies. Model bookings will be placed with agencies by the Festival’s appointed runway production agency. Please note, the Festival does not engage unrepresented talent
Applications for the 2020 Festival will be open from 1 August to November. Express your interest early by completing this Expression Of Interest form here.
Applications for the 2020 Festival will be open from 1 August to 8 November . The application form will be available here on the website. Express your interest early by completing this Expression Of Interest form here.
Media Accreditation for the 2020 Festival have yet to open. Please contact AMPR for any enquiries at Raina@ampr.com.au
Australia’s largest fashion event, taking over Melbourne in March is now accepting expressions of interest for commercial partnership at the 2020 Festival. If you would like to learn more about what we can deliver for your brand, register your interest by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
All runway shows within the Royal Exhibition Building and undercover areas will still take place during rain and storm affected weather conditions. In the unlikely event that extreme weather conditions affect any official events, ticket purchasers will be notified via email and public notifications will be published on the Festival’s website and social media channels.
For Independent Event and Independent Runways, please contact the organisers directly.